We are so blessed to be able to decide we want to do something, then just go and do it. As mentioned I saw about a concert at Yamba on FB, and it turned out to be even more than I was expecting, if that is possible. We were later getting to Yamba than I thought, so I took less photos than I had in mind.
We met up with Trysette at the venue, and she reminded me that she stayed with me in Sydney when she first left home. When an older brother(she is one of nine children) arrived I remembered he used to babysit my children. Her parents were there and we sat with them, so a lot of reminiscing, I first knew them in 1962 or 3. The surprising thing is they now live just outside our country town, just minutes away. We saw other people who we were close to at previous times in our life too, lots of hugs, so I'm sure you understand when I say it was exciting and a great blessing. Oh..... I enjoyed the concert too...LOL
It was a small intimate concert in the style of a 'house concert' about 40 present and packed out, and was held in an old church that had been moved there from a few streets away. We attended there for a while when we lived aboard, so I was eager to see it too.
The next day as we drove home I phoned a friend P. in the city to the south of us, and we met her at the shopping centre for a couple of hours over lunch. She has smiled through the tragedies of life, including her only daughter developing muscular dystrophy (a boy's disease) the onset when she was in primary chool, when we were in Mother's club and our children in various activities together. V. is so beautiful, but only able to breathe now with a wide tube in her mouth, still she had a big smile and a few words with us before going off with her Carer. It was so good to see them, as we seem to have missed each other a few times over recent years.
So in our simple way, this short time was one of those "it's as good as it gets" times.
The Gift of a Day
Lord of life....
this is the gift of a day
which You have made -
I rejoice in it.
May all I think or say or do
throughout each moment of the day
be rooted and nourished
by Your love.
The Lord will guide you always:
He will satisfy your needs. Is. 58:11
Please join us for Simple Joys Saturday.
Photos:
1. One of the five beaches at Yamba
2. Taken after I got back in our vehicle.
3. The old church relocated to the museum site.

7 comments:
Wonderful post!
Loved the great photos...and your time of reminiscing sounded wonderful...friends and fellowship...always great joy in those things....
Lovely photos and how special to be able to visit with friends. It is my hope to someday visit Australia.
Blessings,
Joan
What a beautiful post and it sounds like a trip you will cherish in your heart. Love the photo of the church.
I have an award for you on my blog.
Sounds so very nice, Jan. Yes, you are
very blessed.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Sandy
Hi Jan,all your photos are very interesting,many compliments
Jan the photo's look lovely are you in Autum now in Auz? I must have asked this before but was you born in Auz?
Post a Comment