"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

~ TODAY ~ at Jan's Place


~ The Simple Woman's Daybook ~


Outside my window.... it is dark, after 10.00pm. I has been showery, and fined up today.
I am thinking..... I must write this before we go away over the next two days. 
I am thankful for.... our extra activities over the last couple of weeks, we started tennis.
Had a lovely chat on skype with dear D-i-l.
From the kitchen.... I made double at lunch time today, so tomorrow's lunch is taken care of.
I am wearing..... red tops, navy 3/4 pants and socks.
I am creating...... nothing today
I am going ..... to an intimate concert about 110 kms away tomorrow night. To those who have read Simple Joys Saturday, forgive me, I wrote about it there.
I have (as in 10 minutes ago) finished reading.....a library book, a novel, by Cathy Kelly.
I am hoping.... for a pleasant couple of days away, travelling mercies etc.
I am hearing.....the noises of suburbia, a truck going along the road, a dog barking.
Around the house..... I found three things I have been looking for, for weeks, all in about 10 minutes today.
One of my favourite things..... avocados, only 69 cents this week, I bought four perfect ones, we have enjoyed them.
A few plans for the rest of the week..... bible study in the morning then the concert and hopefully taking a few photos, Yamba has five beautiful beaches and a lighthouse, home for singing on Friday, and it is our towns festival, so a morning out around all the attractions Saturday, orchid show, craft barn to name two.
A picture for thought I am sharing.... an amateur painting of  a beach at Yamba by my D-i-law.
 D-i-law and son.

Thanks to our host Peggy, for ~The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ do join in and enjoy some of the posts.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Wonderful daybook, Jan. I will be
praying for traveling mercies for
you as well.
Avocados 69 cents! Unheard of!
I love them and have to pay so
much for them. Send me some! LOL!
Continue to enjoy your good life.
Blessings,
Sandy

Karin said...

Great post! Have a wonderful time! Mmmmm, love avocados too!

Joyful said...

How great that D-i-L is a painter. That is something I eventually want to do. For now am knitting ;-) I pray for your travelling mercies. Am glad you enjoyed the avocados as there is some good oil in them. Blessings and hugs. xx

Karen said...

Beautiful painting by your DIL...safe travels and good times in the days ahead are my prayers for you...

If you are ever in Georgia, please come find all the things I have lost around here....

Barbara said...

Great post Jan, and hope you have a great day on this Wonderful Wednesday, check out my post for today, I do the WWW lots of Hugs, Barbara

Dena E's Blog said...

Hello Jan,,I was thinking of you and wanted to share my award with you..There is one for you at my blog !!! Hope its alright that I did..
Hugs Dena