"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Sunday, May 16, 2010

It is No Secret

I suppose to some folk, this type of song is out of date, but it appeals to the older folk around here.  We will be singing at an 80th birthday party later in the year, and they have asked for Christian songs, and this will be one of them.

IT IS NO SECRET
The chimes of time ring out the news
Another day is through
Someone slipped and fell
Was that someone you?

You may have longed for added strength
Your courage to renew
Do not be disheartened
For I have news for you

It is no secret what God can do
What He's done for others, He'll do for you
With arms wide open, He'll pardon you
It is no secret what God can do

There is no night for in His light
You never walk alone
Always feel at home
Wherever you may go

There is no power can conquer you
While God is on your side
Take Him at His promise
Don't run away and hide

It is no secret what God can do
What He's done for others, He'll do for you
With arms wide open, He'll pardon you
It is no secret what God can do

I'm joining in with Amy for Then Sings my Soul Saturday. Have a lovely weekend Everyone.

5 comments:

Amaria said...

It appeals to me!

Sandy said...

The old hymns will never lose their
power. This was a favorite of my dear
mother. I remember being in the kitchen
with her as she prepared dinner and
listening to her sing this song.
Thanks for some wonderful memories.
Love,
Sandy

Joyful said...

I love the old songs too Jan :-)

Karen said...

It matters not how old the melody...the message is the same...beautiful!

Karen said...

I love this song so much. Great lyrics. Thank you.