"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm joining in at Thankful Thursday this week.... do visit there for more posts.

Firstly, let me say I am thankful that I have time and the inspiration to post this afternoon. It was so hot for a few days, and now we are back to our singing.

I am thankful
 ...... for love and laughter and smiles.... and the interesting and blessed thoughts about smiles in our host Laurie's post on Thankful Thursday this week.

 
....for a very pleasant few days temperature wise, now that we have to go out, and the heavy shower of rain this afternoon... it is amazing how quickly our garden dries out.

.... for our fledgling garden... it is lovely to go out first thing every day and see what is happening there.

.... for our pleasant life..... and trusting that we are able to make ends meet even with some surprises in the bills department.

..... and we have been having nibbles in the afternoon lately, and also having a game or two on the Wii every evening, spending more time together.

.... for our Bible Study and the fellowship, and us both in a personal relationship with Him.

..... for the opportunity to volunteer at the Aged Homes, it is a real blessing, even though it is DHs thing, he is the singer and guitarist, and it is a precious opportunity for him to sing and play, and I get blessed too.

.... for my family, even though they are all a long way away, and I think of them and pray for them many times a day.

..... for hubby, it does sound as if I take him for granted, but I am thankful for him and his ompany and sharing of many household duties as we are both retired, and especially his interest in health news, and making sure we have the right vitamins etc.

..... for our country and our friends overseas for the compassion towards people who have suffered in the unusual natural disasters lately.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

THE FORGIVING EYES OF LOVE BJ Hoff
How grateful I am, Lord,
that when You look upon me,
You bypass my imperfect outward appearance
and my even less perfect heart
to see me as Your hild,
redeemed by the Cross,
made aceptable by the sacrifice of Your Son...
Thank You, Lord, for looking at me
Through the forgiving eyes of love.
For he chose us in Him before the creation of the
world to be holy and blameless in His sight. Eph 1:4


14 comments:

Denise said...

Such a lovely thankful thursday list.

diane b said...

You always have such a positive post it is a joy to read it.

Sandy said...

Wonderful and beautiful the way your life
exalts the Lord. I enjoyed your list.
Hope your weekend is lovely, Jan. I
get my new puppy tomorrow and will post
his cute picture soon after.
Love,
Sandy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry I misspelled some of my previous comment. Evidently I can't do 2 things at once...lol...Here goes again. It is good for us to stop and smell the roses and remember all the blessings we have received. Lovely post.

Val said...

This is just so beautiful. I try at the bottom of each post to tell something that I am thankful for. Another blogger (Darla) challenged us to do that. I loved reading your list.

bp said...

You have a lovely blog! Nice to visit with you today.

I enjoyed your thankful list! God bless you.
Bethany

Joyful said...

Love your list Jan. I'm thankful for blogging friends like you. I missed you when it was too hot for your to blog ;-)

At Home on the Rock... said...

What a great list of things you're thankful for! Looking forward to reading your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, thankful list! I have been praying for your country and all of the natural disasters you've been having. God bless you.

Sandra Wilkes said...

I am sorry I missed Thankful Thursday so I'll just have Thankful Friday. I live in gratitude. I've often thought I could say "I am thankful" with my every breath and it still would not convey how truly thankful I am. Sandra

Kim, USA said...

Beautiful list! Happy weekend!

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Oh Jan, this really touched my heart. So I need to say, how thankful I am to have met you. You are a gentle reminder of Gods unending love. You allow Him, in you, to reach out and bless others. xxx Crystal <><

Pamela said...

Your thankful list gave me something to be thankful for. You thankfulness is a blessing.