"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Friday, January 07, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It is quite a while since I participated in Thankful Thursday, though being thankful has been at the forefront of our lives.  When the minister asked us what we would like the message to be about at our wedding 25+ years ago we nominated 1 Thessalonians 5:18 and we have tried to find something to be thankful about in all circumstances, through the ups and downs.

We also have an open bible and 1 Thess 5:18 in the corner on the little card (business size) that we exchange when we meet people and they ask for our address

At this time of year, even though we don't make resolutions as such, it is always a time to reflect on the year that has passed. Some people are saying they hope this year is better.

We are very thankful for the 2010, we were healthy, and all was well. We had happy times at home, and a few trips away, and were able to enjoy the beauty of our countryside and meeting up with family and friends we only see occasionally.

We had a very blessed time and made many friends with our volunteering at the Aged Care Homes, and we have the dates for 2011.

We have satisfactory relationships with family, though they all live a long way away.

We are very grateful and blessed in Him and happy with our Church family and community.

We have grown closer to local friends, beautiful Christian people, we see more of them and that is a great blessing.

We also have friends who are not yet believers, and we witness to them with our life and lifestyle, we have just spent time with them over the past couple of days.

We have online friends too who bless us and are very important to us.

We are happy with our modest home, and very thankful for our financial position.

Here is a gentle old time tune I hope you will enjoy.



Thanks to Lynn for hosting Thankful Thursday, click here to check out more TT.

With love and blessings,
Jan

9 comments:

Caroline said...

I am thankful for the many simple things that you are thankful for to Jan, that's why I came up with my blog name "The Simple Things"

Today-although I am hating all this rain I am very thankful that my house hasn't flooded unlike many people around us in QLD.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I too have much for which to be grateful! You just allowed me to take time and reflect on them here! Thank you! Cathy

Sandy said...

You have much to be thankful for, Jan. So
do I. Good is so good to us. Enjoyed
reading your list of thankfulness! May
2011 be even better and may you touch
more lives wherever you minister.
Love & Prayers,
Sandy

Val said...

We have a lot to be thankful for too. I love this post. It is so postive!!! God Bless you!

Karin said...

Thanks for inspiring us to be thankful in all things! Through all the highs and lows the past year showed us God's love again in bountiful measure! Loved the video - I know these lyrics with a different melody!

Karen said...

Have a blessed year in 2011. I love that song!

Barbara said...

Yes simple,amen, hugs

diane b said...

You sound very happy and content in life and your faith.

Unknown said...

HI Jan,

A great thankful post. So glad you joined in and we will see you again this Thursday. It's going to be a wonderful year in service to our King. Hugging you. Lynn