Outside my window... it is hot and sunny 34C or about 93F in the shade now at 4.15pm on Tuesday.
I am thinking... we have had so many things piling up, an unexpected trip to the dentist, our car at the mechanics, but still I am very thankful we are coping well with them.
I am thankful ... that my trip to the dentist went so well this morning, it could have been a lot worse. They were so gentle, the nurse even held my shoulder when I was having the needle.
From the kitchen... Barry made a lovely one-pot lunch and he put a dash of cayenne, it was so tasty.
I am wearing... beige top with embroidery and navy toned skirt.
I am creating... peace and quiet.
I am going... out for lunch for Barry's birthday(on Sunday) tomorrow. We are skipping the Australia Day festivities as it is too hot to be outdoors.
I am reading... nothing special to mention.
I am hoping... that there are no more unexpected expenses for a while!!
I am hearing... birds tweeting outside, I usually only notice them in the mornings.
Around the house... there are a few cob-webs that should be attended to. Still trying to get back to the garden, but not today.
One of my favorite things... have I mentioned Tilda lately? This is the hardest one for me as I don't really worry about 'things', and I don't want to mention food too often...LOL
Ok....Tilda and Barry in our RV.... and it was Barry who wanted those curtains.... not me!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Things are still on hold for January here, walking, exercise, tennis and bible study all start again next week. Our friends cancelled for tonight as she was not well and on the way to the doctor, and that suited me too.
Here is the picture for thought found online I am sharing...
The Tall ship reminds me of the sailing ships that brought the First Fleet and two of my ancestors to Australia. I often think of the letter that Matthew (who was one of only seven who could read and write) wrote back to the man who was responsible for his conviction that he had reconciled with, saying he thanked God every day that he had been sent to Australia. I have a copy in a book.
To see more Daybooks, click here for Peggy and The Simple Womans Daybook.
Blessings for a great week, everyone.
Hugs,
Jan



12 comments:
I enjoy reading the Daybooks of various
friends. Yours is always interesting.
Glad the dentist appointment went well.
Not a favorite place to be for most.
I love the picture of Barry and Tilda.
So sweet. Just counting the days until
I can bring home our little long-haired
mini dachshund. We have named him Tobias,
which means "God is good."
Have a good evening there. Just going to
start my day here.
Love,
Sandy
Tilda and Barry are doing what I do best. Taking a nap! :-)
~Ron
Such a lovely Daybook entry today Jan. Thank you for becoming a follower and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.
Beautiful post Jan, thank you so much for sharing this. Blessings.
Really enjoy reading your Daybook journal. That pic of your hubby and the dog is really great! Love that poem!
So glad the dental appointment went well. It always helps to have wonderful staff at the office :-) Hope you have no more big money surprises.
Your littl dog looks a bit like mine. We got him when he was 4yrs and I don't think he was very well cared for as he is now 7yrs and lost 3 bottom teeth. We love him, he is our child. I love the little snips of information you give. You have a very hot day where you are. It is hot outside here but pleasant with the overhead fan on. My hubby took me down the street for an outdoor Ozzie breaky this morning. It was nice to get out. One year we spent the day on Sydney Harbour, I love that place. I was born and grew up in south western Sydney. Now I call Qld home.
Have a wonderful day... xxx
Awwwww love the photo of hubby and dog, they look so contented together.
Just caught up with your posts . I love the two snoozing in the RV.
Loved the picture of Tilda and Barry =) Grateful that the visit to the Dentist's went well! And a happy early birthday to Barry =)
Hope you have a blessed week!
I'm so thankful your dentist appointment went well, and snoozing in an RV sounds like fun to me! I am running in circles this week, but I wanted to drop by for a visit and say, "Hi!"
Sounds like you are enjoying the summer weather and the beauty of Australia.
Enjoyed reading about your ancestors. I found some family members who were shipped to America for being political prisoners, probably trying to return Bonnie Prince Charlie to his rightful place on the throne. Most of mine came over for other reasons (many were ministers), but that one always intrigued me most.
XO,
Sheila :-)
As much as i dislike hot summer temperatures, 93 sounds good right now. It's been cold here (even for Texas).
blessings,
Joan
Post a Comment