"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

~ TODAY ~ The Simple Woman's Daybook with Jan

~ TODAY ~
Outside my window.....  Cloudy and bleak.... I see on our weather site it is 17C... didn't get to the forecast 19C.
I am thinking.... now hubby has been to the doctor today, he might be a bit more positive.
I am thankful for.... our safe trip and enjoyment of it.... hubby not having the flu, and liking the doctor... he might be willing to go a bit more often.
From the kitchen...... it is all neat and tidy.  I made a version of fruit cobbler with the apple rhubard mix I had in the freezer from when our friends  postponed coming to dinner when they were ill.
I am wearing..... blue jeans, cardigan I knitted in January, and my precious sheepskin slippers.... oh so warm..... don't need any heating when I have them on.
I am creating.... order out of the chaos of the clothes I brought in from the RV.
I am going.... probably nowhere....I've cancelled the concerts on Thursday and Friday.
I am reading..... one of the books I bought at an Op Shop (thrift) for  0.50 cents when I was away.... The Best of Friends by Emyr Humphreys. Actually on looking it up, I am quite surprised that Emyr is a male... so far it is about two schoolgirls and I supposed it was written by a woman.
I remember starting another book a few months ago that was written in the first person as a girl, and it was obvious it was written by a male.
I am hoping..... Barry recovers soon... he has a penicillin type prescription for his respiratory virus.
I am hearing..... a few barks from Tilda .... there must be someone walking along the street in front of our place.
Around the house and garden...... I am looking forward to weeding and attending to my little front garden.... the man who does our lawn whippersnipped the weeds and took the tops off my new plants while we were away.... boy, the weeds must have grown in the few days we were away.
One of my favourite things...... it has to be my sheepskin slippers this week. would you believe I had my previous pair from the 1970s until I bought these new ones to go away, or I would still have the old shabby ones.  I expect these to see me out.... smile.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... 
To meet our host Peggy and see more of The Simple Woman's Daybook, click here

Have a blessed week, everyone.
Love and Hugs - Jan

8 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

So glad DH liked the Dr. The apple-rhubarb cobbler sounds wonderful!!! Wishing you well! Cathy

Sandy said...

Ahh, the comforts and joys of home.
Boy, those sheepskin slippers sound
wonderful. :0)

Sharon said...

I really like these posts .... I love the headings and reading your responses that follow and I really wish I had a pair of those sheepskin slippers. Mind you I do not think I will need them for the next while as I believe that summer has finally arrived here on Paradise Island with highs of 26 expected today. YIPPPPEEEEEE

I have a doctor's appointment this morning and then I am off to the lawyers this afternoon which I am sure will take up the remainder of my day.

Loved the little bit about the book you are reading Jan and surprised also that it was written by a man -- odd topic for a male author ... or maybe not, what would I know about that.

I hope the antibiotic that Barry got does the trick .... the doctors here are not perscribing things for this nasty bug saying it is viral and you have to just "wait" it out or something to that effect.

Talk soon Jan although I will miss chat today (at least our scheduled chat) as I will be enroute to appointments.

Sharon

Sharon said...

Hi Jan, I posted a very long reply to this post just moments ago but it seems to have disappeared. Not sure why but I must of done something incorrectly I am assuming.

I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading the responses to the "titles" -- very effective - really tells a nice little story. I am envious of your slippers but that is okay as I doubt I will need them. Summer I am thinking has finally arrived -- supposed to reach 26C today. Yippeeeee Summer has arrived on the Island finally.

The little bit about the book was most interesting .... the topic does seem somewhat an odd one for a male author but then who am I to say, lol.

I have two appointments today. This morning at the doctors and this afternoon at the lawyers. I will miss our scheduled chat but hopefully we will catch up at some point today.

Glad to hear Barry got something for his infection and I hope that it does the trick. The are not prescribing anything here for the nasty bug that is floating about.

Have a great day Jan!

Sharon

Barbara said...

Aha, yes be thankful for all things, the good, the bad and the ugly, hugs my friend, and I bet it is good to be home eh? Hugs and blessings, Barbara

CoffeeQueen said...

That's a lovely picture Jan. Hope the medication works well for Barry. Take care. x

Karen said...

Enjoyed your sharing...love your new blog look!

I do pray your husband recovers quickly....

diane b said...

Sounds like one of my days. I have my sheepskin slippers on too. Hope hubby gets well soon.