"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Morning

Sunday morning again..... reflecting and counting my Blessings.

I was dragging the chain, bit overdue with my checkups, but finally got them done and I am in very good shape, lose a bit of weight of course, but it can't get much better than that.

Then someone contacted me after about 20 years, we had a long catchup on Facebook chat yesterday...... Facebook does have its uses.  They will visit us when passing through at the end of October.

It was windy for a couple of days (well not much more than a breeze I suppose), but it died down yesterday and I was able to get out in my simple little garden for a couple of hours.  I have five blooms on my shamrock, lots of heartsease, day lilies, and my lavender is out.... Spring must be just around the corner.
 Pic from file

Thinking back on the lovely memories from last weekend too.


Reflecting on  For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.  Acts 17.28 KJ





Church this morning so I must get going soon.  Have a Blessed weekend everyone.

7 comments:

Karen said...

How nice to meet up with a friend after 20 years...I know you must be excited...

Beautiful song! Enjoy the rest of your weekend...

Glennis said...

Hillsong is always so good, singing was not quite so good at our little Church this morning, we just have one guitar but the Spirit was there and thats the main thing.
Lovely to re-find a friend after so very long.

Caroline said...

Hope you had a lovely weekend Jan. Spring is nearly sprung and I am very excited about that. How lovely to be able to meet up with your old friend.

Sandy said...

That is an incredible blessing to find
a friend from so long ago. Hope your
time together will be super special.
Wonderful too that you got that good
checkup. Always a blessing to hear
good words about our health. Heard
that this week myself.
Love,
Sandy

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Thanks for sharing the music from Hillsong. They are a favorite of mine. We had a good Sunday as well. And posted some vacations photos on blog, more to come...hugs across the waves! Our summer is winding down and our tomatoes are still green! Oh well!

Karin said...

You know, I've done that a few times now it seems - I write a comment, then click to publish, and forget to stay around for the word verification! I must be losing it!!!

I usually come to your blog when it's evening here and it surprises me every time that you already have the next day on your side of the planet! I wonder how long it will take me to get used to that, lol!

So good you are on facebook and able to chat with family and friends. Thanks for the song too!

Sharon said...

Sounds like an absolutely perfect Sunday Jan .... can not wait to hear more about this long lost friend.

Sharon