"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Weekend Retreat

I registered for our Women's Weekend Retreat later on in August today. Most of the ladies from my Bible Study attend. I went last year and it was a special time.

The guest speaker has been a Missionary in the Solomon Islands, and from her bio has 3 married children and 8 grandchildren.  All the topics for the sessions are about Heart - A Pure heart, A heart that hears from God, Love with all your heart, A heart of extravagant worship.  We are to wear a touch of purple for the Saturday night dinner.   I wonder what it will be this year.  Last year the committee dressed up and entertained us with hits from the musicals.  They had even made us a placemat each with a collage of programs, and a black and white headpiece feather concoction, so we were really spoiled.

The venue is at Lennox Head. Pics from website. This is the beach we will have access to.

and an outdoor area at the campsite.

More later.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Love and Blessings - Jan

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Hope you have a lovely time Jan. I love Lennox Heads it's Gods own country what a lovely venue for your weekend retreat. I hope you had a lovely weekend.
Caroline

diane b said...

Great weather at the moment isn't it? Lenox Head is a lovely beach and it sounds like you will have an enjoyable time.

Joyful said...

The venue looks beautiful. I wish I could join you ladies but it is a tad far ;-) Have a great time at the retreat. xx

Sandy said...

What a beautiful place. I can just
see you strolling along that lovely
beach, enjoying yourself, soaking
up some rays.
Go and come back refreshed and
renewed!
Have a blessed week!
Love,
Sandy

Karin said...

Have a refreshing and revitalizing time! What a great place for such an event! Enjoy!

Karen said...

That sounds like the best time of fellowship and fun!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous beach! Retreats are special times of refreshing our soul. I hope you have a wonderful time.

~Ron