"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Then Sings my Soul Saturdays10th April 2010

                               John 4:14
                               "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I 

                                shall give him shall never thirst;
                                but the water that I shall give him shall be in 

                                him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." 

        There is a river that flows from deep within. 
        There is a fountain that frees the soul from sin. 
        Come to these waters, there is a vast supply. 
        There is a river that never shall run dry.  
         
        There came a sound from Heaven, like a mighty rushing wind. 
        It filled their hearts with singing and gave them peace within. 
        The Master gave this promise, the Spirit will descend 
        And from your inner being a river with no end.  
         
        There came a thirsty woman, who was drawing from a well. 
        Her life was ruined and wasted, her soul was bound for Hell. 
        But then she met the Master, who told of her great sin 
        And if you'll drink this water, you'll never thirst again.
         
        There is a river that flows from God above. 
         There is a fountain, that’s filled with His great love. 
        Come to the water, there is a vast supply. 
        There is a river, that never shall run dry. 
        That never shall run dry. 
                                          Words and Music by Max and David Sapp © 1969
         
        This has been a favourite of mine for some time, and I have the DVD. They are singing at the Sydney Opera House in Australia.
         In His Name......
        Richest Blessings - Jan

5 comments:

Karen said...

Jan,
I have not listened to this song in a few years, but I dearly love it. The words carry a great message. Have a blessed weekend!

Jan said...

Thanks so much for writing, Karen, It is such a blessing when I come to my site and see a new comment. I was busy trying to put a new background on here.
Yes, I love the Gaithers and have quite a few of their DVDs and I love when my DH sings this song too.
And a Blessed Weekend to you too.

Karen said...

This has always been a special song to me...one of my dear grandmother's favorites...thank you so much for sharing it today!

Mocha with Linda said...

Such a great song. A GVB classic!

Nel said...

Can't get much better than the Gaither group. I love this song! I would love to go on one of their cruises. Thanks for sharing.

until next time... nel