"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Thursday, April 29, 2010

High Tea

Edit: Sorry, I saw the Tea Talk  button, and as I only joined in once before, I forgot there are headings to follow....

Today I attended a High Tea, except it was 10am, over at Goonellabah, with CWCI which used to be known as Christian Women Communicating International. They  conduct weekend and day functions, Know Your Bible study groups (KYB),seminars, dinners and speaking tours to outback Australia (Safari Ministry). 

Nearly all our Know Your Bible group were there,  in fact our leader is the Chair of the local CWCI group, so we had a lovely time with each other, and others we see from time to time.

It was at a lovely venue, tables set with lace cloths and beautiful roses, lovely floral cups caucers and side plates, and 3 tiered cake plates, cucumber sandwiches, dainty butterfly cakes and much more.

The guest speaker spoke on Being Transformed, about her journey, and being brought up in a church-going family, but missing out, and realising some other people had something she didn't and wanting it, and eventually her walk with the Holy Spirit.
*Pic from web, but you get the idea!
 


To enjoy more Tea Talk, stop by and see Ruth and the other posts.
By the way we will be away over the weekend.

Have a great week. Love and Blessings.

10 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What a wonderful day you had. What wonderful, tasty appearing delights you must have enjoyed. Wishing you well! Cathy

Ruth said...

Hello Jan,

That is a beautiful picture you picked. I can imagine you having a lovely day there. It's okay if you missed to follow the guidelines for this meme. I do enjoyed reading your post and it's a pleasure to have you joined us again this week.

Have a great week!
Ruth

Katia said...

I love your header picture! You tea sounds so lovely. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Very nice to tea with you today.
Blessings,
Katia

Joyful said...

When I was growing up I remember the Christian ladies from the various churches always had a spring tea. I am not sure if it is just because I live in the big city now but I seldom here of a church run tea party. It would be nice to attend one. I've been thinking I need to see if there is a Women's Aglow group close to where I live. I used to join them every month for a breakfast and special speaker until they moved locations. It was nice.

Jan said...

Thank you for your lovely comments, it was a day to remember!
Yes we have a Women's Aglow group in our town, and they serve sumptuous morning teas too, as well as interesting speakers.

Michelle said...

Jan, I come a from a city in Canada know for their High Tea, however, I've never been. It sounds like everyone had a lovely time and that people heard the message that God needed them to hear.

Karin said...

High Tea sounds lovely! The hospital I worked at when I was young, did a High Tea as a fundraiser. So delightful! ~~~~I also enjoyed catching up on your previous posts. Nice to get to know you better! We do have a few in common!!

Glennis said...

We enjoyed a high tea while on a cruise ship, it was so formal and the food was exquisite but all the waiting upon took time so it was a slow affair. We did love it though.

Sharon said...

I would love to attend a high tea one day. I think the experience would be absolutely wonderful.

Michelle are you by chance from Victoria? Another friend of mine from Australia, Jeanette, has attended the high teas at the Empress Hotel in Victoria. I live in Nanaimo but have never been .... it is on the list though, lol.

Lovely post Jan, thanks so much.

Karen said...

This sounds delightful!