"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Random Dozen


Click the button to meet Linda and see all the Random Dozen posts.


The Random prompt for this week:

1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?
No, very concerned, yes, when we were sailing up the coast, without a GPS.

2. Have you ever been to an island?
Yes, islands are quite common around here, there are 100 in the Clarence River just south of here, and I've been to islands on a yacht, also across to Tasmania which is an Island.  This photo which some have seen, is taken from an island in the Clarence.

3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?
I'm impetuous and impatient sometimes, and a hugger, so does that make me a feeler?

4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?
I'm black and white about some things, keeping promises, being punctual, etc,  and accept shades of gray...hey, we say grey.... in others


5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)Perhaps a herbs and natural healing book,


6. What are you most afraid of?
I have say really hard-to-bear things happening to my family. We have had a granddaughter killed in an accident.


7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?
Trying to comprehend this question.  Ah... Lose old memories or lose ability to make new ones ? That is difficult, I think we would like to have our cake and eat it too.... keep the 'good' old memories... and still have the ability to make new ones, though as we age, some of us can't remember what happened yesterday!!!


8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?
Our wedding, my family and one with our dog, for the precious memories of our life.

9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)
Had to think a minute, as I was very pleased with my wedding, then realised I could have had a better video, it was done by a friend. We had a minimalist wedding 25 years ago, second marriage, about 110 came including friends and relatives. We had an afternoon tea which included hot finger food in the foyer. With the dress and beautiful flowers that I shared with another bride, it cost less than $2,000.

10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.
That even though it may be hard to forgive, sometimes it is even harder to forgive oneself, but any unforgiveness only eats us up and is the cause of mental and physical ill-health. God forgives the unforgiveable.


11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?
Reading the paper or magazines they provide.


12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?
One way the same.... do own thing, don't worry what others say or think about me or try to 'keep up with Jones", have a grateful heart....this saves a lot of stress .  Better, think some things through more sometimes and not be impatient.

Have a great week, Everyone.

4 comments:

SusanD said...

So sad to have lost your granddaughter in an accident. Like your forgiveness answer. It's so fun to see the different directions people take with the questions. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

Mocha with Linda said...

You have already survived what many of us fear, losing a child or grandchild. I enjoyed reading your answers.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoyed stopping by today and reading your answers. So, so sorry to hear about your Granddaughter, know that is something you never get over. Think it's so neat that cyber space allows to connect all across the world. Blessings to you!

Joyful said...

So sorry to hear about your granddaughter Jan. I too find it so difficult to lose family members and close friends. I enjoyed learning more about you :-)