"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Thursday, August 19, 2010

What happens at a retreat?



A photo from last year's retreat, before sunrise at low tide. 
Sorry I can't find the original this is only a few kbs
Now a few words from the brochure for the retreat this weekend.

WHAT HAPPENS AT A RETREAT?

Your meals will be cooked for you
Wonderful fellowship with other Christian women
An inspiring speaker, with time for personal ministry
Time for quiet reflection
Ample free time to stroll on the beach sit and chat, or do... Whatever!
Recharge your batteries, have a laugh, rest relax and be refreshed.
JUST DON'T MISS IT!
 

 It is a busy week, we sing at two Homes today and one tomorrow, then I leave for retreat mid afternoon, then we have two fairly clear weeks, except for the usual local activities, so it will be nice to reflect and catch up then.

8 comments:

Joyful said...

Have a great time at the retreat. I don't think you've been there yet but I could be wrong, lol. At last we are experiencing cooler weather here with possibility of rain in a few days. Am looking forward to cooler climates to get caught up on some work and other activities. Hugs xx

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Such a glorious picture!!! I know how wonderful retreats can be. Wishing you well! Cathy

Barbara said...

That sounds like great fun, and the photo is gorgeous, I am going to a ladies retreat Aug 28th looking for ward to that indeed, hugs and blessings my friend, Barbara

Karin said...

Oh, be blessed Jan! I haven't been to a ladies retreat in ages. Need to be on the look out for one. Have a marvelous time and God bless!

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Retreats are great. I've been to them before. Didn't go this year becuz of hubby and I deciding to save money for a vacation. Not long but need money. Economy here is the states isn't the best but we are surviving so we did something different this year. I happened to find you on someone else's blog. I am a grandma but not retired, still work 3x a week at a hardware store. Loving the Lord every day;love your posts. Will be back for a visit. So many blogs, so little time. But it's like letters from friends around the world, delivered on my computer! Hugs!

Sandy said...

Sounds like a really wonderful
time. Hope you enjoy yourself.
Lovely photo.
Love,
Sandy

Jocelyn said...

A retreat sounds great! Hope you have fun!

Karen said...

Be refreshed and recharged...then share about it when you return!