(Pic in my file from email etc).
Quite a productive day, and I'm not tired yet!!!!! And it is 100F+ outside, and a comfortable 84F in here. Time to catch up with a few minutes online. I've been trying to work out Google+ as no doubt have to move with the times. All the same, I see most people I visit still have "Join this Site".
Started the day with an online conversation, then a trip to the grocery store followed by coffee with friends for an hour or so.
When we got back after midday we made a fresh batch of sauerkraut based on a beautiful red cabbage friends dropped in yesterday. We chopped in a processor, so it did not take as long as last time, in fact I only prepared the vegetables, the cabbage, 2 green apples, a red capsicum, two carrots, onion, celery and ginger and Barry did the rest. Barry loves gadgets, I can't work most of them, in fact I had to get him to help me when I wanted to process the bread, onion and herbs -oregano, thyme and parsley from the garden, for the stuffing for a free range roast chicken that I did after the veges..
Forecast
| Today | 37°C = 99F |
|---|---|
| Tonight | 18°C = 63F |
Now
38.4°C
= just over 100FUpdated at 15:00 EDT
A Blessed weekend to all who pass by here!
Love, Jan

8 comments:
Sounds like a pleasantly productive day Jan. Still very hot here too.
It is very hot there. You asked about the temperature here. It was a pleasant sunny 10 degrees Celsius (about 50 Farenheit).
Sounds like you had a great day. I love sauerkraut. I take it that you make one that doesn't have to "sit" for awhile? I use a food processor also but it isn't a heavy duty one. It makes a huge (and good difference) when cooking to have the right tools. We are spoiled in this modern age ;-)
Google+ is too weird a concept for me... maybe oneday I'll take the time to figure it out. Hope you did not swelter too much! I stayed inside to keep away from the heat.
PS good to hear from you again. I always appreciate it when you visit my blog and you always have productive things to say.
You did have a busy day, I love cabbage, and like you most gadgets I cannot figure out, lol I have many including a wonderful bread maker, but, it is more trouble than doing it by hand. Hugs my friend, have a great day..
My problem with Google+ is that anyone can share my post to their Facebook, fine with yours, Rod as it is so educational, but mine is more personal.
Yes it was a lovely day, even though so hot.
Penny, we allow it to sit on the benchtop for three days before tasting then probably leave it out a couple more days before transferring to the refrigerator. The last lot was delicious.
Hi Barbara, Barry makes the bread in a breadmaker, and it is so delicious too, though we use a bought mix. He just puts in the mix, already measured in its own little bag, the yeast and water and sets it going... it beeps and whirrs and ...hey presto... a lovely loaf of bread! Hugs!
Post a Comment