I went to Nimbin yesterday. The place has a reputation, with its Hemp Embassy, Mardi Grass Festival and Alternative Lifestylers, but as one chap told me, people live normal everyday lives there, and the people I met are spreading the ''good news" and supporting and comforting one another. One of my close friends was leading worship at the little church and invited me along. I was able to purchase notecards of the church (above).
The pic of Nimbin Rocks is from a previous trip there, as we didn't stop for photos. It was surprisingly misty, along the road yesterday, this photo taken on a rainy day in June (Winter for us).
We had a good cup of coffee at the Rainbow Cafe
The pic of Nimbin Rocks is from a previous trip there, as we didn't stop for photos. It was surprisingly misty, along the road yesterday, this photo taken on a rainy day in June (Winter for us).
We had a good cup of coffee at the Rainbow Cafe




9 comments:
It looks like a beautiful place. No wonder people didn't leave :-) I love the notecards too.
In answer to your question about the high costs in Kenya. The place is very expensive and the children we help do not live in orphanages. Whenever there is a need, extra is tacked on by the host families who care for them. In this way, they can try to meet the myriad of needs the children have, especially when it comes to schooling as the preferred way to educate "our" orphans is to put them in boarding schools where they live for 3 or 4 months at a time. Thus the financial needs are greater and the children get a better education.
My guess is that the children you support are living in an orphanage or that the organization you are giving money to is is "pooling" funds to meet the needs. This is quite common with NGOs in western countries. In this way they can increase their purchasing power quite dramatically. We are a small group with only one monthly donor besides myself so we do not have the ability to buy in volume. Thanks for your question.
Thank you for the post and providing Matthew 7:12 as a reminder. I'm very happy to hear that the 'good news' is being discussed in Nimbin, sometimes I think too little of places and people.
I think Nimbin is a very interesting place, yes it has terrible problems but it is a unique place. I'm hoping to get over there soon.
Very cute postcard.
Sounds like a fun day. I love mist. Not so much when diving, but it is romantic to see a mist edged mountain as in your pic. Beautiful :)
My heart nearly skipped a beat when I saw the painted church, this is where we worshipped as a family for most my childhood years......helped with all sorts of things and many, many memories.
That looked like a nice day out. it is a lovely area around Nimbin.
I love the notecards..and the post. The Scripture is especially meaningful..it is SO easy to judge others. I love seeing blogs, and reading about Australia Would love to visit there! Thank you for the nice comment on my blog.Have a great day!
wow..what experiences you much be having!!!
I am going to keep thinking about the Matthew quote today.
Glad you were able to share some time with friends at this interesting place. Enjoy your time from blogging, We will watch for your return.
Post a Comment