Lfe goes on, music, gardening, all the usual weekly activities .....
However we are members of a folk club that meets at a seaside reserve for the weekend a few times a year, unfortunately for us in a National Pak (no dogs). We drive down and join them for the Saturday usually, which we did yesterday.
We met up with old friends and made new ones and had a lovely day. Geoff was there with his harp, and there were various other instruments, guitars, banjos, mandolins, button accordians, ukuleles, flutes etc.
One of the first things we saw was a plover family. Apparently there were originally four chicks, but the eagles and goannas were too much for the parents.
The goanna made an appearance a few times during the day, strolling around among the campers. They are about six foot long altogether, and I am quite wary of them.
Love and Blessings,
Jan
However we are members of a folk club that meets at a seaside reserve for the weekend a few times a year, unfortunately for us in a National Pak (no dogs). We drive down and join them for the Saturday usually, which we did yesterday.
We met up with old friends and made new ones and had a lovely day. Geoff was there with his harp, and there were various other instruments, guitars, banjos, mandolins, button accordians, ukuleles, flutes etc.
One of the first things we saw was a plover family. Apparently there were originally four chicks, but the eagles and goannas were too much for the parents.
The goanna made an appearance a few times during the day, strolling around among the campers. They are about six foot long altogether, and I am quite wary of them.
I strolled around the Woody Head reserve and enjoyed the lovely sunny day.
The boat ramp to Shark Bay. I loved the sun sparkling on the water.
A lone yacht out to sea.
And a pic out the passenger window as we drove home after sunset.Love and Blessings,
Jan
12 comments:
Some wonderful scenery from our great country ther, Jan. I always like the sound of your musical escapades!
Looks like a nice place to be.
Beautiful pictures! I know those plovers are very protective, and I'm surprised their babies were snatched. Cute picture of them as a family though. I normally get swooped at when I try to get to the door at my parents' beach house. They nest on the empty block next door and no one... I mean no one gets near their eggs.
Thanks for sharing your time away, Jan. Just lovely xx
Woody Head is a great spot Jan, your shots capture it well.
Lovely restful photos Jan. I think you and hubby lice a full and interesting life. My hubby Ray loves this monitor lizards,but they are too big for me. xxx
Oh dear, I mean, LIVE a full ... xx
Yes we can usually find some wonderful scenery, Ruby, and our life does seem to revolve around music..... music comes before chores..LOL
Yes, Becky, a lovely place, though the downside for us is that we can't take our dog, so we can only be day visitors.
Thanks, Dorothy, I love taking photos, though I only have a simple digital camera.
Sounds like the plovers in your area are more successful at keeping the marauders at bay.
xx
.
Thanks, and there would be no-one more familiar with all the good spots than you, Mark.
Glad you found the photos restful, Crystal, and yes, we always seem to have something on. Keeps us going!
lovely series Jan and yes I'd be very wary of a goanna wandering about too
Post a Comment