"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Friday, January 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday

There are so many things to be thankful for every minute, so I will name just a few today.

*  That we both follow Jesus, and are able to give thanks for each new day and everything it brings.
* The lovely sunny day, and our climate.
*  Our garden to work in (exercise) and to grow fruit, vegetables and a few flowering plants.
* The little blue wrens I see from the kitchen window.


*  The strength to work in the garden, I cut down a bush about 12 foot high yesterday evening, then into small pieces for the trailer to take away.
*  That we still have our minds and bodies, though I have to admit that technically we are 'old' people now.
* That we stiil feel young and enjoy life.
* That we have plenty of nutritious food available to us.
* That we have the knowledge to choose nutritious food, and can look things up and check thing out.
*  That we are contented with what we have.

And our host Lynn asked today, if we have a special internet friend... yes I do, and we meet online most days at 6.00am my time, and 1pm the day before her time, and occasionally other friends join us too who have known her for years join us.. 

I am also getting to know some precious women here on Blogspot, and I look forward to their comments and emails, as we build relationships


THOUGHT FOR TODAY 

A NEW HORIZON  BJ HOFF
Lord  of eternal sunrise
help me look past the night,
to view a new horizon
bathed in hope and peace and light.
The Lord is my light and my salvation
Psalm 27:1

For more Thankful Thursday, do visit Lynn who is hosting for January HERE

With love and blessings,
Jan

8 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Loved your thought for the day ~ and what a beautiful bird ~ Allyx

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What a wonderful reflection! Have a grand day! Cathy

Maggie said...

Thanks for visiting me in Normandy this morning, I love getting to meet new people this way.
I have family living in NSW and have been lucky enough to have visited them there 3 times.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Maggie

Sandy said...

I love and am encouraged by such a list of
thankfulness, Jan. You both love Jesus and
that is the one and only secret to a true
and lasting love. As I am a bird watcher
of many years, what a treat to see this
darling wren! I didn't even know they were
ever blue!! It is so beautiful. My little
wrens that come to our feeders are the
brown ones. This is a beauty. Thanks for
sharing this picture.
Hope your weekend is filled with the
sweet presence of the Lord.
Love & Prayers,
Sandy

Unknown said...

I love this template Jan my fav colour, where did you get it?

Karin said...

Your thankful list is going to echo in my heart - I'm so grateful for who the Lord is in our lives!

Joyful said...

I like your list and it is nice to remember to be grateful for things. Sometimes we (I) can forget. That is one of the reasons I started my blog though this past year I have been writing about more things :-) I like your new blog paper too.

Peter said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog today, I love your picture of the blue wren, something I never see in Sydney where I live.