I usually don't have time to read, but I called in to the library for some fiction before Christmas, and found an author who has been around for a while, but I had not come across her before, Anne Douglas who writes about everyday people in Scotland in the 1940, '50s and 60s.
The first one I had was The Kilt Maker and I enjoyed it and went back for another, The Butterfly Girls. Have you read any of them?
Here is the link to her page Thanks Smiling Sally for Blue Monday.... do check out the posts!
Love and Blessings,
Jan


10 comments:
Jan, I haven't yet read them, but they have gone on my list with your recommendation. Connor is our grandson and he has delighted us this Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful Blue Monday. Blessings...Mary
Ah, these sound like such good ones.
Thanks for bringing them to us thru Blue Monday. :)
xo bj
I will have to check and see if I can find them for the Kindle...I love reading anything about Scotland and Ireland.
Thanks for recommending them.
Molly
Thanks for recommending the books, I will check them out. Happy Blue Monday and I wish you all the best in the New Year 2011.
I haven't read either title, Jan, but they look like good ones. Thanks for the tip.
Happy Blue Monday!
My mom and I are planning to head to the library soon - I wrote down the name of the author and will be sure to look for her! =)
Happy Blue Monday!! =)
oh this Butterfly girl seems interesting, I might try find it in our library here, thanks for sharing. I love reading too =)
Happy new year hope you can visit my page too
Oh my problem i am not a book reader hehe. Happy blue Monday.
Mine is here
Looks like you found some lovely blues. I haven't read hers but will have to look for them at the library. Have a wonderful day.
I have not read either one of these. I will check the library for the "Butterfly Girls".
Post a Comment