"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Friday, September 17, 2010

My Five Thoughts Friday

# 1. First I would like to apologise for not getting around everyone, recently, we've just sung the last three days, and we are going away Sunday.  Do stay with me, I do hope to take lots of photos while away, and I will be back in about two weeks.

We are going to Texas QLD  to see a friend who isn't well (Mr T) then the Country Music Festival there next weekend. We'll drive on to Goondiwindi as we haven't been there before, and on to The Australian CampOven Festival at Millmerran, this will be our third time.  What we enjoy most about these events is meeting up with friends and acquaintances that we have met here and there, and having informal singalongs and cuppas with them. (I'm making a couple of my mango fruit cakes to take). With Barry and his guitar, people soon pop over. We can go in to the showgrounds on Monday 27th, and the official program starts on the Friday.

Click here for website with video highlights


Here are a couple of pics from a previous festival.  We could be in there somewhere!



# 2. Once again so heartwarming going to the nursing homes and hostels, welcomed with big hugs and love, from residents and staff.  Still it is nice to be free of commitments for a couple of weeks.

# 3. Long chat with daughter last night, and dear grandaughter in my prayers even more than usual.

# 4. Now just have to concentrate on packing the RV and not forgetting anything.  I went to the library and picked up some Maeve Binchley this afternoon, and with three Max Lucado I haven't read yet, I won't run out of reading matter. I also take knitting and sewing as well, also my crossword book. You might be wondering how I'll have time for all this, as well as the progams and chatting with friends, but I am an early riser, I start my day at 5.30am.

# 5. Au revoir my friends..... love and blessings,  I will miss you.


13 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

God speed! Return to us safely with wonderful tales to tell! Cathy

diane b said...

Have a nice trip. Sounds like fun especially meeting up with old friends. Don't forget to try the hot springs at Moree.

Karin said...

I can always imagine you doing music ministry for the folks in the nursing home!! What a blessing you are! Have a wonderful refreshing break! Another early riser - yeah!! I feel I can sleep when I am old - well, ok, older like a lot of our seniors seem to be dozing all day! Be safe!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Have a relaxing time ~ and enjoy your books and crosswords ~ (I love reading and doing crosswords) ~ have a safe trip ~ Ally x

Laurie said...

Have a wonderful time, Jan, and I look forward to reading all about your adventures! (Mango Fruit Cake sounds yummy!)
Blessings,
Laurie

Jan said...

Thank you so much for your comments and Blessings on our trip..... I always miss my online friends when I am away!!
Love and Hugs,
Jan

Anonymous said...

Packing the RV is always an interesting time.
Have fun :-)

~Ron

dtbrents said...

I love the way you live your life. I enjoyed the update on what you are doing and the pictures are great. Doylene

dtbrents said...

This is not working right for me today. I hope you are getting my comments. I enjoy your pictures and adventures. Doylene

Joyful said...

Miss you already ;-) But it looks and sounds like the trip will be a lot of fun. Not only do you get to meet and socialize with all the lovely people but you get to read Max Lucado and Maeve Binchy. I love Ms. Binchy's storytelling style so much and you've recently introduced me to Mr. Lucado. Have fun. I'll look forward to your photos.

Anonymous said...

Hi, found your blog by accident. Hope you don't mind, I added your follow list. I am over 40..shh did I say that. I am in East Tennessee not to far from the Great Smokey mountains. I am new to blogging but I love it. So much to see, read and make.
Lisa

Sharon said...

Hello my dear friend Jan. Sharon here just popping in to say hello and to let you know how much you are missed. I hope you and Barry are having a fabulous time and I can not wait for you to get home! Miss you.

Sharon

Barbara said...

Hi missing you, I am back and doing well, lots of hugs Barbara