Since I have been doing the Facebook, monthly newsletter and the newsletter website for our local Community Garden, that seems to be satisfying my urge to be online, and it is a bit of an effort to do more, though of course I do keep up with my family and the news (beats watching TV), gardening, and the natural news that interests us.
Since my school reunion (last saw them 1957 as we moved to Dorrigo for my last two years) it has seemed fairly quiet, but we have kept busy.
My Class 1A- 1955 CHHS
At Sawtell, we drove over before the class evening meal and get-together was held.
Barry and Vicki
Went to Brisbane again on the Saturday to bring them home. Can't remember much about it except the street Brian told us to take to get to the motel where they were waiting was one way, the wrong way, and we had to go around again and luckily get across the traffic to meet up with them.
We had a couple of our usual concerts the next week and also took advantage of a coach trip we saw advertised in the local paper. It was to the markets at Bellingen on Saturday 17th. I was born in Bellingen and it was our local town and near where my grandparents lived when I was growing up. We only spent a few minutes at the markets and then went walking up the main street and around about and indulged in a lovely morning tea and lunch. We had good company on the coach too, along with a new friend who had lived in one of the outlying villages, so we had a lot of "do you remember", and comparing reminisces.
I love the scenery around Bellingen, and looking to the Dorrigo mountains.
and the main street
We especially enjoyed a gallery upstairs in the building that used to be a department store Hammond and Wheatley in pic. I remember when making a cash purchase, the cash was placed in an overhead gadget to whiz across to an upstairs office for the change. We indulged in beautiful fabric shoulder bags..... and I am using it instead of a conventional bag, quite often.
On Sunday 18th we played for the choruses in church again with our close friend.
Last week of the month my son and Emi called in for his birthday on the way to a few days break at the family holiday cabin and as always it was good to see them. I made his favourite decadent dessert as a little birthday cake, and a spare one for them to take with them and was rewarded with exuberant praise.
On Saturday 31st it was the Welcome to Spring event at the Garden. We had three interesting speakers and nearly 60 in attendance. I did a couple of batches of scones for jam and cream, and there were several other interesting dishes home made wholegrain bread, damper, homemade jams, cupcakes, etc, and pizzas made on the spot. Full details in the September newsletter.
Photo while we were preparing for the afternoon.
However we are back to full strength now and renovating in the kitchen. Talking about kitchen, I made some absolutely delicious chapati with atta flour yesterday, to go with hommus. We rarely eat wheat and sugar and I have been looking for a cracker recipe, but this was even better, the dough so soft and pliable. In the writeup it says that it can be made in the time it takes to make coffee and that isn't far out. It's here.
We are going to a local Filipino concert tonight, as we know a few of the people.
It is only about two weeks until we head back down south to my daughter's, particularly looking forward to it as she is taking me to the Andre Rieu concert in Sydney.
Til next time. God Bless.




+(428x640).jpg)
+(640x342).jpg)
3 comments:
Comments back on! I tried in the settings, but it didn't work... so went to Help, and problem solved.
Oh I'm glad to see your comments work. I was thinking you had shut them off for good :-)
It's lovely to read of your keeping busy and ministering to the aged. I like the look of the town where you grew up too!
Thank you for sharing Jan and for visiting and commenting at my blog. Hugs. xx
So good to hear from you, Joyful, always extending the hand of friendship, even though I have not been faithful in my blogging and keeping up.
Love and Blessings. xx
Post a Comment