Our Autumn weather is very pleasant, lovely sunny days, and still some rain now and again. Not cool enough for heating. Enough warmth to keep the vegies growing. I read an interesting article about the benefits of Calendulas in a paper I brought home recently, so I picked up a punnet to grow some. Interesting that Calendulas are also known as Marigolds, to me they have always been two totally different plants.
Calendulas
Marigolds
Pics from Web. Totally different flowers and leaves!
I also bought another punnet of Thyme, as I only have one small plant, and I saw a recipe for savoury thyme and parmesan biscuits (crackers) that I think will be a regular recipe, as I am always looking to use unprocessed food with no preservatives or chemicals in our household. I use gluten free flour in baking with great results. Thanks to Trishie from Sydney for the recipe.
We do have to get organised, as we are going to QLD, leaving next Friday, for a week or so, visiting. Doesn't take long to load items into the RV, the longest part of it is deciding what to take, clothes, leisure items, musical instruments etc, what to take and what not to take. Quite likely to be warm or cool weather, so more clothing than usual. We've been doing it for years now, shouldn't be a big deal! We got two new deep cycle batteries for the RV yesterday, our previous ones had served us well for about seven years, but were done for, and we waited til we were taking another trip to replace them.
We've got a friend lined up to call in on the hens, though DH has set it all up with automatic water and feed. He also put in a grazing frame, but the greens are growing more slowly than we expected.
The idea is that the hens walk along the mesh and pick the greens that come through, as they totally ate out their area in about three days, and this is to ensure greens at hand. When we are home we give them freshly picked greens several times a day, but we were hoping for a good crop as our friend will only come over once a day. We have been getting three eggs most days.
Til next time.
Blessings.

