"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Friday, May 11, 2012

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

A Happy Mother's Day to all who celebrate on Sunday.  I made up this little banner for the concerts we did this week and it was well received.

Mother's Day is not a big deal for me, cards in the post today, and a phone call from son and daughter on Sunday morning before we go to church.

"Bible Verses for Mother's Day: Philippians 4:4-7
Paul began the encouraging Bible verse above by writing the following words which also offer encouragement, but also instructions for finding strength, joy, and peace.
Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice!
Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near.

Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving; 
let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:4-7"
Here is a video from youtube.


Love and Blessings, Jan

2 comments:

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Hello Jan, Bless you and your hubby for sharing with others. That verse, Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice, was read at my first daughters wedding and stuck in my mind after. It is a beautiful one. I enjoyed the video and the father holding the baby in his hand. Much like God the Father holds us.Us older generation think of our mothers and venerate them more than the younger ones I believe. I have four grown children. My sons give me a hello and happy day via facebook. My daughters are a bit kinder. It makes you wonder? Hope yours is a lovely day. xxxx

Unknown said...

I love your banner, it is great! I love the pictures on it. you put so much work into it. I find Philippians 4:4-7 such a great source of comfort and encouragement. It is great to read it again. Thanks :)