"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

On the Farmyard Porch

Chat on Thoughtful Tuesday
With Patrice and Wendell!
Everyday Ruralty
QUESTIONS
  1. When you pass the salt, do you automatically send the pepper with it?
  2. How many fingers do you usually type with?
  3. Do you keep interesting coins when you run across them?
  4. Did you enjoy September, or did it fly by too quickly?
  5. If I could _________, I'd get more done each day.
My Answers:
1. When there is just the two of us, we season our dishes in the kitchen before taking to the table. I've noticed that people we know only pass the salt or pepper as requested.
2. All fingers.  I worked in Admin, through manual typewriters, electric,  word processing which was the most difficult to get used to, and then into the computer age.
3. No I barely look at coins, though I did notice a NZ coin in a donation box at one of our community garden events, and wonder if it was a mistake or on purpose.
4. September, we both had a virus that was going round, first time in years, so pleased to be finished with September.
5. If I could spend less time online I would get more done each day, though my time is my own, being retired. Still, I keep on telling myself that I need to get more exercise.  I do walk down town a couple of times a week, and took my camera recently.
Take care and have a great week!
Love and Blessings,
Jan

8 comments:

Dianna said...

Thank you, Jan, for stopping by my blog this evening. It is a treat to meet you. Your blog is lovely! I, too, started out on the manual and worked my way through the various ways to communicate the type-written word. Computers were definitely the most challenging...but I guess we learn to adapt. ;-) I'm so glad you took your camera along when you recently walked into town. It is lovely!

Dianna said...

Thank you, Jan, for stopping by my blog this evening. It is a treat to meet you. Your blog is lovely! I, too, started out on the manual and worked my way through the various ways to communicate the type-written word. Computers were definitely the most challenging...but I guess we learn to adapt. ;-) I'm so glad you took your camera along when you recently walked into town. It is lovely!

retired not tired said...

I hope that October can be a healthier month for you.

Jan said...

Lovely to meet you too, Dianna, and I've joined your site (though I've tried to fix my ID pic without success), and added yours to my browsing list or blog roll. Yes I like our town. Blessings.

Jan said...

Thank you "Retired", yes looking good for October. All the best!

Joyful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyful said...

Enjoyed your post Jan and your flowers. Such beautiful colours where you live. Retired is the life, isn't it? I'm glad I am retired although for me too it means never enough time to do everything. More funds would be helpful too! Though I'm not complaining by any stretch of the imagination for God has been good. More money though would permit me to do more to help others. That is one of my dearest wishes.

Patrice said...

Welcome to the porch, Jan. I had a virus in September too. I feel like I missed a lot being sick. October looks better already.