"In everything give thanks......." 1 Thess 5:18

Our journal and glimpses of an active, contented life in country Australia

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

THE FALLS

Dangar Falls at Dorrigo, which I suppose would be classed as my 'hometown' as I completed High School there and three of my siblings still live there.  The school boys used to swim under the falls but I was much more conservative. The track led to the upper pool and I only went in well back from the falls. This was before the time of council pools, when country children swam in rivers and wherever they could.

Linking up with Watery Wednesday and  Outdoor Wednesday
and

20 comments:

Sandy said...

It certainly is a beautiful scene, Jan. Is this also where you and your siblings were born? Your part of our great big world is so sceneic. I always enjoy your pictures.
Blessings~

Sylvia K said...

This one took my breath away, Jan! I LOVE waterfalls and this one is gorgeous! What a terrific capture for the day!! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Cathy said...

Have a particular liking for waterfalls as well Jan. This one is rather nice and full - someof ours down here in Victoria as a bit short of water at the moment

Cathy
Still Waters

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Dorrigo is a lovely spot. We spent some of our honeymoon there many years ago.

hamilton said...

Beautiful waterfall. I bet it was a wonderful place to spend a childhood.

Andrea said...

That's a very beautiful waterfalls, if only it is nearer we will come and see. We have strong intentions to visit and photograph waterfalls, and somehow we visited a few in our country. I found people who also love to do that, and i am glad to see them in blogs. I love the countryside of NSW very much.

Light and Voices said...

Waterfalls sound so wonderful....lovely photo.
Joyce M

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Beautiful shot, especially when it is associated with such nostalgic memories...

HansHB said...

This such a wonderful photo!
Have a nice day!

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....breathtaking. Most definitely a piece of heaven on earth!!!

My Wednesday post: FROM A DISTANCE Hope you can find time to drop by to visit with me.

momto8 said...

beautiful falls..I would be afraid to swim there!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Margaret said...

Lovely! Scenes like these make my watery scenes seem very humdrum! :)

HansHB said...

Thank you for your visit.
I was in Australia for four weeks in autumn 2008, travelling around in your beautiful country!

Jan said...

Thank you for your encouraging comments, and I have enjoyed visiting your pages.
Jan

2sweetnsaxy said...

What a beautiful location. Wish I could see that in person. Wow!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Watery Wednesday, that's new to me!
Beautiful falls and an excellent picture.

Jessica said...

What a wonderful place to call home :)

Www.forgottencompass.com

Barbara said...

Amen wonderful Jan you are back, I have missed you my friend, hope to see more of you daily now that our worst part is over. Hugs

Jocelyn said...

absolutely gorgeous picture! :) Looks like out of a movie -- very cool! :)

diane b said...

These are beautiful falls and easy to get to if I remember rightly.